Founded in 1985, Haleiwa Main Street DBA North Shore Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)3 non-profit working full time to make the North Shore a better place to live, work, and play.
Our mission is to promote, maintain, and encourage the historic, cultural, civic, and economic welfare of the North Shore community through research, education, advocacy, and related activities. To learn more about our organization, please see:
- Chamber History
- What Does the Chamber Do & Accomplish?
- 2015 Accomplishments
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2014 990
Now Hiring: Executive Director
The North Shore Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking a new Executive Director to begin immediately. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive and administrative officer of the Chamber, and is responsible for the overall operation of the organization. The ideal candidate will be a proven consensus and relationship builder, able to manage and translate diverse viewpoints into effective, positive solutions.
Areas of Responsibility
Administration / Operations
- Responsible for day-to-day office operations of a visitor and business service center, including but not limited to the recruitment, hiring and supervision of staff and volunteers.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and manages programs and projects which fulfill the mission and objectives of the Chamber.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and publicity of meetings and events sponsored or co-sponsored by the Chamber such as membership meetings, committee meetings, and business fairs and expos.
- Develops the membership base of the Chamber.
- Represents the Chamber at meetings with businesses, community, public and private agencies and public officials.
- Works with Board to develop and promote working partnerships and alliances with the public, private and community sectors which will further the goals of the Chamber.
- Prepares and submits applications to private and public funding sources for the acquisition of funds necessary to further the objectives, plans and initiatives of the Chamber; with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Develops the annual budget for Board approval and manages Chamber finances. Prepares and reviews with Treasurer, obtaining Treasurer’s approval for reports, including credit card statement.
- Bachelor of Administration degree or equivalent, or experience in management and administration.
- Experience with governmental, legislative, planning and permitting processes helpful.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (written and oral).
- Knowledge of the North Shore community and also some or all of the following areas very helpful: Small business administration, historic preservation, economic development, and agriculture.
The Executive Director reports to the Board and may be removed by a majority vote of the Board. The Executive Director serves at the pleasure of the Board as an “at will” employee consistent with applicable law.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Board of Directors
Marianne Abrigo Properties
First Hawaiian Bank
Finance Co-Chair (Membership)
Island X Hawaii
North Shore Equipment Rentals
North Shore Marketplace
Turtle Bay Resort
North Shore Embroidery
World Surf League
Chamber Studies & Plans
The Chamber has produced and sponsored a number of useful studies and plans, which may be downloaded here: