Founded in 1985, Haleiwa Main Street DBA North Shore Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)3 non-profit working full time to make the North Shore a better place to live, work, and play.
Now Hiring: Executive Director
The North Shore Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking a new Executive Director to begin on or by May 15, 2017. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive and administrative officer of the Chamber, and is responsible for the overall operation of the organization. The ideal candidate will be a proven consensus and relationship builder, able to manage and translate diverse viewpoints into effective, positive solutions.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Administration / Operations
- Responsible for day-to-day office operations of a visitor and business service center, including but not limited to the recruitment, hiring and supervision of staff and volunteers.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and manages programs and projects which fulfill the mission and objectives of the Chamber.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and publicity of meetings and events sponsored or co-sponsored by the Chamber such as membership meetings, committee meetings, and business fairs and expos.
- Develops the membership base of the Chamber.
- Represents the Chamber at meetings with businesses, community, public and private agencies and public officials.
- Works with Board to develop and promote working partnerships and alliances with the public, private and community sectors which will further the goals of the Chamber.
- Prepares and submits applications to private and public funding sources for the acquisition of funds necessary to further the objectives, plans and initiatives of the Chamber; with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Develops the annual budget for Board approval and manages Chamber finances. Prepares and reviews with Treasurer, obtaining Treasurer’s approval for reports, including credit card statement.
- Bachelor of Administration degree or equivalent, or experience in management and administration.
- Experience with governmental, legislative, planning and permitting processes helpful.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (written and oral).
- Knowledge of the North Shore community and also some or all of the following areas very helpful: Small business administration, historic preservation, economic development, and agriculture.
The Executive Director reports to the Board and may be removed by a majority vote of the Board. The Executive Director serves at the pleasure of the Board as an “at will” employee consistent with applicable law.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To promote, maintain, and encourage the historic, cultural, civic, and economic welfare of the North Shore community through research, education, advocacy, and related activities.
To learn more about our organization, please see:
- Chamber History
- What Does the Chamber Do & Accomplish?
- 2015 Accomplishments
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2014 990
Board of Directors
Marianne Abrigo Properties
First Hawaiian Bank
Finance Co-Chair (Membership)
Island X Hawaii
North Shore Equipment Rentals
North Shore Marketplace
Turtle Bay Resort
North Shore Embroidery
World Surf League
Chamber Studies & Plans
The Chamber has produced and sponsored a number of useful studies and plans, which may be downloaded here: